Thursday, October 20, 2005

The White Hair

Among the bushes of side-burns
lied that meandering white hair
just around my right ear,
giving me so much of fear.
On the roll was
my contemplation,
my day-dreaming
as i started thinking
Of those teeth
that would be gone,
Of those wrinkles
that would hone
and...
Of those bones
that would be week
and no-longer hold on to this geek..

As my thoughts crept into the grey days,
with the dusky sun burying its rays,
I looked at life...
those 'young', old days,
And before I could cry,
I smiled at myself...
looking into the mirror
that unveiled my hair
All I saw was just a thread
playing around,
grey and dead!

~Ankur~

3 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Anand said...

read all ur poems on the blog ..
believe me this one is best ...
nice imagination and very very well expressed ...

 
At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I love men with salt & pepper hair. ;)

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home