Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Tides of my Mind

With a mind so ambitious
And the list of to-do's..
spilling over, i know
what i ought to do..but
The fact that I still
find myself biting the nails
And
failing to keep myself occupied
Is just adding to my agony,
Making every moment
of life even more itchy...

With mind so vulnerable to nostalgia
I know how I am staying,
Every moment denying
it from prying,
my soul, my space.
Let me tell you,
This nostalgia
takes me for a jolly-ride
backwards on the axis of time
Just long before I realize
the change in the drift of mind..

Throughout the day
I remain in limbo
lost in navel-gazing
and those cobwebs
of contemplation,
that too woven by me..
And, with all these things said..
I often wonder
..if I get kicked
out of the race..
or be slapped on my face..

At the end of the day
I realise, I'd been brooding
over such petty things
that have gone, about whom
nothing can be done.
And after such a rusty brag
my mind is nothing but a torn bag
lying at the edge of a shore,
and my eyes
are looking for some door
that opens into
a world of hope!

Hope sustains life
so do I, when
serenity shows-up
only for a moment out of the sky,
Its time when i feel full-of-life
with a picture-clear vision
and a sense
of deep realization
dawning upon me
and rousing a grit
enough to get-over things
and flip around the wings.


~Ankur~

3 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone will feel like...."these words describe me...."- reading this poem.!
Nicely Written.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Fursat said...

hmm..so finally u updated ur blog but why so sad..

what happened?

i knw u must be upset with things but cheer up...

nice poem..

take care

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger I Am Sam said...

well framed poem , really good words

 

Post a Comment

<< Home